|Individual Works:||CD: 1|
1. Ich Lasse Dich Nicht, Du Segnest Mich Denn, BWV Anh. 159
2. Fürchte Dich Nicht, Ich Bin Bei Dir BWV 228
3. Jauchzet Dem Herrn, Alle Welt BWV Anh. 160 BWV 231
4. Singet Dem Herrn Ein Neues Lied BWV 225
5. Der Geist Hilft Unser Schwachheit Auf BWV 226
1. Komm, Jeus, Komm BWV 229
2. Jesu, Meine Freude BWV 227
3. O Jesu Christ, Mens Lebens Licht BWV 118
4. Der Gerechte Kömmt Um BWV deest
5. Lobetden Herrn, Alle Heiden BWV 230
|Comments:||Review by Jan Hanford:|
This is one of the most beautiful recordings I have ever heard. Although it is currently trendy to prefer the smaller ensembles with one or two voices to a part, I prefer this traditional approach of a full choir. The sound is gorgeous with a rich echo. The choir (and in some cases double choir) has been placed left and right in stereo so the melodies move back and forth, answering and complementing each other. The effect is delightful. The instrumentation is subtle and does not overwhelm the choirs. In additon to the six motets typically included, this edition also includes 3 from the Anhang catalog and 1 deest, making this recording complete.
This is an stunning performance of some of Bach's most breathtakingly beautiful choral works.